Results tagged ‘ roy oswalt ’
The TinCaps aren’t hitting right now. RHP Adys Portillo was touching 95 mph in the first inning on Dayton’s stadium radar gun (which is usually pretty reliable) last night, finished the night closer to 91-93 with the off-speed stuff in the high 70s, low 80s. And that, as Forrest Gump once said, is all I have to say about that.
I’ve been seeing a lot of good stuff on the internets, though, so here it is…
- Some of the TinCaps are having to hear the tornado-related news from back at home via phone and radio. Phillies RHP Roy Oswalt went home to check on everything personally. Doug Glanville wrote a SPECTACULAR piece about it. Main points: Glanville’s favorite band is Hall and Oates, plus a life in baseball is oftentimes brutal for a person’s personal life. If you read nothing else from this post, read Glanville.
- Mariners RHP Michael Pineda: He’s good.
- MLB attendance is down, but baseball (still) isn’t dying.
- Marlins SS Hanley Ramirez wouldn’t sign a teammate’s cast which was sold for charity.
- Peter Gammons says trading draft picks would make the MLB Draft that much more interesting.
- We’re in Dayton right now, where later this season they’ll have the Purina Incredible Dog Team. I’m already thinking of excuses to get out of the TinCaps’ game to be there to see it.
Musical guest… the only British royalty I care to hear about this weekend, Sir Elton John!