Results tagged ‘ keyvius sampson ’
Manager Shawn Wooten talks birthdays, comebacks and the early days of Cory Spangenberg, then the TinCaps outpitch Quad Cities, 2-1.
Pitching coach Willie Blair updates us on the progress of the TinCaps’ arms, then Fort Wayne wins a wild one in Burlington.
Benches-clearing incidents? He’s been in them. Triple-A baseball? He knows about it. TinCaps manager Shawn Wooten discusses both topics and more, then Fort Wayne drills Great Lakes to win a series on the road.
The TinCaps come back and Emmanuel Quiles smacks a game-winning single in front of a sellout crowd.
Padres Minor League Pitching Coordinator Mike Couchee breaks down the progress of some of the TinCaps’ top pitching prospects.
TinCaps closer Adam Dominick recalls the most momentous victory of his baseball career against a certain Division-III powerhouse from Westerville, Ohio, and we have highlights from the game Wednesday against Bowling Green.
Tommy Medica tells us about his first start behind the plate in two years and the TinCaps hold off Lansing to win another series.
TinCaps head groundskeeper Keith Winter discusses keeping the rain away with an enthusiasm unknown to man, plus Keyvius Sampson and Rymer Liriano lead Fort Wayne to a win over Lake County.
West Michigan broadcaster Ben Chiswick tells us about his first job in baseball as a vendor at Wrigley Field, plus highlights from the TinCaps-Whitecaps doubleheader.
Today there’s so much going on that a typical audio podcast just won’t suffice. So first, here’s the rest of the Mike Couchee interview:
Now, here’s what happened at Fifth Third Ballpark today… Three inches of snow were on the ground in the morning, but you would’ve have known it by game time. However, it was still brutally cold. TinCaps lost, 7-3. I feel bad for the players because they have to be out in this every night. I also feel like their opinion of the Midwest will forever be negative because of how bad the weather’s been. I promise, in the three years I’ve been in this league, this is easily the worst it’s been for the longest period of time in any season.
- I can’t find a link to it, so you’ll just have to take my word for it… Baseball America did a story on TinCaps RHP Zach Cates. Good luck finding it. We’re all counting on you.
- Apparently a behind-the-scenes lackey on Good Morning America is a TinCaps fan. Good for us, I guess, although probably three people probably noticed. Do you think Robin Roberts stole that shirt and acoustic guitar look from Neil Diamond? Nah… not enough sequins.
- Former Midwest Leaguer Jerry Sands got called up to the big leagues, doubled in his first at-bat, hit a sacrifice fly, then got a pitch thrown behind his head which prompted a revenge pitch-behind-head incident. How did your first day at your job go?
- Come on, Reds RHP Mike Leake.
- I just got back from watching the movie “Limitless.” I had no idea it was based on the meteoric rise of my buddy Dave Hutte.
- Seriously, I give the movie a B-plus. Good concept, good story, bonus points for having The Black Keys on the soundtrack, extra bonus points for me watching it alone in an otherwise empty theater (maximum lounging with minimum weird looks from fellow moviegoers). Points deducted for a young millionaire still using a land-line telephone in 2011 and for a somewhat unsatisfying ending. I won’t ruin it for you. Check it out yourself. It’s not a waste of your money.
That’s it for now. Bed time. Musical guest… The Romantics!