Results tagged ‘ joe thatcher ’
I don’t really have anything significant for now… Tickets are still available for the 3Dpalooza tonight. If my parents are driving five hours (and bringing a radio), you don’t have any excuse for not being here. If you can’t be here, you can catch up with the podcast, which I’ll post whenever I can after the game.
Also, LHP Dan Taylor is on the South Bend roster. Get ready for maximum Forrest Gump references for the next four nights.
- Tim Lincecum shut down the Padres. It’s happened before, it’ll happen again. They just can’t be giving up eight runs on a regular basis.
- LHP Joe Thatcher had a setback during a bullpen session. He could be out through May. Thatcher is a big part of that bullpen as a lefty specialist.
- Geoff at Ducksnorts was at the Padres’ home opener and says the final Trevor Time was pretty emotional.
- Legendary author Ben Hill tells us Altoona is making a splash with a reversible hat: the outside is the team’s normal on-field home hat, but when you flip it inside out it becomes a rally cap, complete with a design.
- In a Baseball America chat, Jim Callis hazards a guess of a midseason call-up for Blue Jays prospect Brett Lawrie. Just keep him in Las Vegas through mid-July, am I right?
- Peter Gammons says pitchers don’t always have to be 6-foot-15 to be good. He’s right, as usual. Short guys succeeding on the mound are few and far between, but they’re fun to root for.
- The Indians continued their utter domination of the Red Sox last night. Boston hasn’t won a game yet and it’s officially freak-out time for Sox fans. Actual text message from former TinCaps strength gorilla and Boston native Rick SantaBarbara: “Red Sox are terrible. Back up the truck! Back it up! Turn this place into a parking lot!”
- Mustache Watch catches up with former Midwest Leaguer and newly-appointed Angels closer Jordan Walden, who is going with the Justin Shurley/Al Borland look.
- Dallas Mavericks owner Mark Cuban discusses the role of the media when it comes to sports teams. He makes a lot of good points (as usual), but if you’re interested in the First Amendment, you’ll probably be a little put off.
Musical guest… Grace Potter and the Nocturnals!