Results tagged ‘ bob uecker ’
I don’t mean to alarm anybody, but The Weather Channel reported this morning that this snowstorm headed our way will be, and I quote, “Armageddon.”
So, you know… Just start panicking. And hope a cavalcade of stars led by Bruce Willis can think of a way to save us before it’s too late.
- TinCaps in Winter Ball update: Edinson Rincon is 0-for-3 with 2 strikeouts in the Dominican Winter League… “The Big Dog” Hayden Beard is 0-1 with a 3.12 ERA in the Australian League.
- One of the San Diego papers talked to the prospects acquired in the Adrian Gonzalez trade.
- The 2011 Midwest League All-Star Game logo is out, says legendary author Ben Hill.
- Fort Wayne alum RHP LaTroy Hawkins says he feels good as he rehabs from shoulder surgery.
- In other buzzcut news, Bob Uecker feels good too. About several things.
- As expected, the Royals are moving one of their top hitting prospects from catcher to the outfield.
- The Braves’ pitchers start voluntary throwing sessions today. Oh baby. Baseball’s almost here.
- The latest addition to the “Who Wants to be the Rangers’ Fifth Starter?” competition is Dave Bush.
- Former Ranger Vladimir Guerrero has talked with the Orioles. Baltimore signed RHP Justin Duchscherer, who the Yankees were looking at.
- The Yankees HAVE to be working on a trade for a starting pitcher, don’t they? Maybe Ivan Nova can make the jump to the big leagues, but Sergio Mitre and Big Fat Bartolo Colon would just freak me out as No. 5 starters.
- Twins pitcher Brian Duensing had a terrifying day this off-season.
- GMs are getting active away from the office this off-season… Yankees GM Brian Cashman has dressed like an elf and rappelled off the side of a building for charity, then bartended for charity. Astros GM Ed Wade ran a marathon. He’s 55 years old!
- A retired pitcher is working at a fish market. And he loves it.
- Last week we read about a book that claims umpiring is different depending on the venue. Another viewpoint says not so fast.
- The Sunday Night Football crew proves that sometimes, even when there’s a mic in front of you, it’s best if you just shut up for a while.
- To kill time while sick this weekend I decided to start cooking things. In a two-hour period I made blueberry pancakes (incredibly good), banana nut muffins (ehh) and lasagna (solid). I’m anxiously awaiting an invitation to try out as a
celebritycook in Scott Kammerer‘s kitchen.
- Dave Hutte Status Update: “It’s nice to wake up to your tax refund being in your checking account.”
Musical guest… Donavon Frankenreiter and John Oates!