Good news, bad news
So I’ll get the bad news out of the way first… Remember when we thought Everett Williams and Donavan Tate had no major structural damage to their knees after their collision? Well, maybe not. According to the Union-Tribune, Williams tore his ACL and is done for the year, Tate has a deep knee bruise and they’re hoping for a June 1 return. And former TinCaps SS Drew Cumberland has been diagnosed with vertigo, which is pretty serious.
But step down from the ledge long enough to read this… Former TinCaps OF Daniel Robertson hit for the cycle. The day before, he’d been ejected for arguing with an umpire. The day of the cycle, he was a late addition to the lineup. Crazy game. And another tale from the 2009 TinCaps No-Mercy Reunion Tour 2011.
- Also in San Antonio, James Darnell is killing it. The Padres have a lot of good third basemen in their system. And Blake Tekotte had a single off Rangers RHP Neftali Feliz, who was rehabbing with Frisco.
- Also in the “good news” category, hey… we got bin Laden, right? And millions of Hulkamaniacs around the world celebrated.
- Former Braves LHP John Rocker is going to write a book? And check out the picture in that article… is that not the scene from “Eastbound and Down” where Kenny Powers has his showdown with Daryl from “The Office” at Ashley Shaffer BMW?
- “Succeeding is tough.” – Matt Stairs, Washington Nationals pinch hitter/philosopher.
- “Power hitters are born.” – Mark McGwire. Ironic, eh?
- A’s OF Josh Willingham is doing a good thing for the Southeast.
- I mentioned a couple of weeks back that “Limitless” was a pretty good movie. Well, “The Lincoln Lawyer” was EXCELLENT. Good story, good acting. And country music star Trace Adkins plays the leader of a motorcycle gang, so bonus points for that. Not that I’ve seen a lot of movies this year, but Lincoln Lawyer is the best I’ve seen.
Musical guest… Jack Johnson!