In the cold Kentucky rain
It hasn’t stopped raining since we crossed the Ohio River into Kentucky. Seriously. Game was rained out tonight, doubleheader Tuesday at 11:05 a.m. local time (12:05 p.m. Eastern).
- Jose Dore’s first pro homer on Sunday was a bomb. Just to the right of center, and even with the jet stream going out, not many balls get out to that part of Parkview Field.
- Hey… We made ESPN Page 2. Good for us.
- Some former TinCaps helped Double-A San Antonio score 23 runs today. TWENTY-THREE!
- Who are the youngest players in each minor league?Baseball America has it.
- Rays manager Joe Maddon was ejected from a game. I imagine he’s frustrated by the way they’ve started the year.
- Included in that poor Rays’ start is Manny retiring. Doug Glanville has a player’s perspective, and it’s excellent.
- “You know, these guys aren’t so [expletive] bad.” – Major League
Musical guest… Elvis Presley!