Video Killed the Non-Descript Radio Guy
I don’t really have a lot of time right now, but a few random thoughts followed by two cash-money videos.
- Nate Freiman has hit two home runs that have probably traveled a combined 900 feet. I’m not exaggerating.
- Rymer Liriano is really good and he’s only 18.
- Yesterday was Jackie Robinson Day. I was listening to Charlie Steiner on the Dodgers’ broadcast last night and he talked about how Brooklyn was the perfect setting and Robinson was the perfect guy to break the color barrier. Incredible story.
- That was a more serious note, but on a lighter note, Charlie Steiner is hilarious.
- Tomorrow we head to Eastlake, Ohio, to play Lake County. That’s about 45 minutes from where I grew up. I can’t wait.
- I don’t usually like it when rappers (or any other musicians) take a classic song and decide to use it in one of their songs (are you listening, Kid Rock?) but Jay-Z using “Forever Young” by Alphaville is phenomenal.
- The MiLBlogs rankings came out for March… How am I not in the top 50? Come on, people!
Now for the videos:
It’s Stock Car Racing Night at the ballpark… My grandpa, my dad, my uncles and my cousins all raced on dirt tracks back home at one point or another. Allegedly I was so used to going to the races when I was younger that I could fall asleep in the bleachers while the races were going on. My cousin works on Robby Gordon’s NASCAR team. That being the case, I want you to watch this:
And I stumbled upon this the other day… Custom Made has company:
That’s all for now… Take care!