The Short Version
The last three days have been a flurry, so here are the highlights:
- Jose Flores may have been interviewed more times Monday before he left the Fort Wayne airport than he did the last two years managing, combined.
- Do not, under any circumstances, drive on Jefferson Boulevard when Nate Freiman is at the plate. You’ve been warned. He hit three balls over the chain-link fence at the back of the left-field concourse last night. After I picked my jaw up off the ground, I asked around and couldn’t find anybody who remembered anybody hitting balls that far last year.
- I don’t know if I’ve ever seen anyone more excited to get an interview request than Dean Anna was tonight.
- Juan Oramas had some filthy stuff in the bullpen tonight.
- Ian Stewart is the man.
- Cubs radio guy Pat Hughes has permanently raised the bar for all radio broadcasts from now until the end of time… In the midst of a blowout on Opening Day, he dropped a Buford T. Justice reference.
That’s it for now… See you tomorrow!