Eight Days A Week
I don’t know if you’re keeping track, but we’re eight days from the opener. Tickets are still available, so buy them. Immediately.
The season hasn’t even started yet and the Bad Apple Dancers are already getting their egos stroked. Apparently the writer stumbled upon some YouTube videos and, mesmerized, watched them all. Why wouldn’t he?
Last night was another fantasy baseball draft… This time for our office league. I think the best part about the whole thing was that we drafted in the conference room, where there’s a huge window facing the concourse. The ballpark was open, so people walking by could see us and we could see them. They may have thought we were working late, but we were really drafting fake baseball teams. Only in America.
And… tonight is the championship round of our bowling league tournament. The season finale. The big finish. Every time I come on here and brag about how good we are, we lose… So I’m just going to leave it here.
- Alexi Lara completely embarrassed the Arizona Diamondbacks on Monday night on MLB Network… 1.2 innings, 2 hits, 0 runs, 5 K’s. And check out the velocity against the last hitter: 94, 93, 81 (slider), 94. He wasn’t facing Arizona’s regulars, but who cares? The guy struggled in Fort Wayne last year in the first half before turning his season around and dominating in the second half. I love it. He got Padres beat writer Corey Brock’s attention, too.
- As I write this, Chase Headley has 23 RBI in Spring Training and the Padres are stealing bases all over the place. I realize this means nothing for the regular season, but it’s better than them struggling, right?
- When will we have a TinCaps roster? I’d say this weekend is a good roundabout bet. Last year we got it from the Padres the Saturday before the season started. There are new people in charge now, so it could be different this year.
- What are the odds of hitting your own mom with a foul ball during any game, let alone a major-league game? It happened.
- Is it gorgeous outside or what?
That’s all for today… It’s 5:30, I need to work out and PTI is on. Giddyup.